Feeling stuck in a position or in life is not a good feeling. There are always times when we feel like there is a higher calling or purpose to our lives. If you have been feeling like that, you are in the right place.
I first started diving into creating my life’s work around January of this year. I’ve been a stay at home mom for nearly 6 years with a few part-time businesses here and there but now that my youngest is heading off to Pre-K, I feel now more than ever that I want to be doing more.
I just finished up the book “Creating Money” by Sanaya Roman and Duane Packer for my 3rd time. The book has an entire section on Discovering and Living Your Life’s work so I wouldn’t to share with you today the highlights from my reading.
Step 1: Ask Yourself Some Self Discovery questions
Take some time to get quiet and ask yourself these questions and get clear on what your dream job would be like.
- What things do you love doing in your work/job?
- What are your hobbies?
- What community activities fo you do because you love them?
- What daily activities bring you joy and aliveness?
- What do you enjoy most?
- Do you enjoy: exercising, teaching others, building with your hands, organizing, socializing, working with computers and tech, singing, dancing, gardening, money management, science, research, cooking, writing…….
Questions to Help You Gain More Clarity
- Do you love working alone or with others?
- Do you enjoy working indoors or outdoors?
- What is your monthly income?
- Do you travel? How often?
- What hours do you want to work?
- Will you be the boss, work with a team or work alone or outsource certain tasks?
- How do you communicate with people? Face to Face, Video Calls, Over the Phone?
- How does it feel when you wake up in the morning to go to work?
- How do you feel when you are at work?
- How do you feel when you get off of work?
Step 2: Script your perfect day at your dream job. Do your script in the first person, past tense as if you are telling your best friend about your day.
Step 3: Identify steps that you can take now and commit to daily action
- What inner resource or strength could you develop that would help you draw your life’s work more rapidly or move you to the next level?
- What one step could you take this week to express that inner strength more fully than you are now?
- Make a list of as many activities as you can that you enjoy doing right now.
- Choose one of those activities and list 5 ways that you might create money from this activity that you love.
Step 4: Spend at least 5 minutes at the beginning of each day thinking about your higher path and then go take at least one action in your chosen activity.
Step 5: Find ways to stretch yourself even more!
Take courses or read books that will help you improve your skill or craft. Also, seek like-minded individuals in with the same passions to hang out and grow with. When you find someone successful in your chosen field, view them as a mentor and study their habits and learn about their failures and successes.
My biggest realizations as I went through this section of “Creating Money”
- Spending too much time pouring into other people’s ideas and goals can either be a good thing or a bad thing. By tapping into how you feel after doing it, you will know if it is serving your higher purpose or not.
~If you feel inspired, energized and in alignment when you are helping out, that is an activity that is helping you with your higher path.
~If you feel drained, then you need to spend less time if any, doing that particular thing.
- Busy work is a roadblock to success. It is a form of self-sabotage and when you become present in your day to day activities and choose the ones to get you to where you want to go. Little by little, your life will flourish more and more.
- Setting aside time to honor yourself and your craft is a must. Schedule it in during the beginning of the day if possible to reduce the possibility of it not getting done.
- You are worthy! Charge what you are worth. Those that see your value you won’t mind. Those that do mind don’t matter.
We all deal with doubt at some time or another in our lives, it is okay. Take the time to be present and listen to the thoughts that come up. Acknowledge the thought, write it down and place a confident, positive thought alongside the thought of doubt.
Choose affirmations that support your new confident thought and practice them daily until they become beliefs!
You have would it takes to make a living doing what you love!
Thank you so much for reading! Have a great day!